Whether you are getting ready for a Ceremony, or a Plant Diet or simply for a time of inner connection and healing, a diet is a crucial part of this preparation. Our body and mind will react more favorably and effectively if they have the proper nutrition and habits. There are many different diets and every Shaman has their own preferred way. Here you will find the general guidelines for a proper diet along with some food suggestions. Most of the people will tell you what NOT to eat. Well. we will also tell you that, plus a small guide on what TO EAT, so you can follow it at home.
- Drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or use drugs during your diet
- Have any kind of sex (you want to keep all your energy focused on your purpose)
- Consume coffee, tea, milk and milk products or anything containing caffeine
- Consume oils and oily foods (this includes any kind of oils, and oily foods like advocatos, nuts, coconut.
- Consume any salt or sugar, spicy and processed foods.
- Consume red meat or pork
- Consume acid foods or fruits (vinegar, lemon, orange, passion fruit, etc)
- Since you will be cleaning your body from all unnatural substances, it is also recommended to stop any kind of medications during your diet. HOWEVER, if you are under a prescribed treatment or prescribed drug you will need to speak with your doctor BEFORE stopping your medicines. If you have any doubts or concern about this, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to speak with you. Remember: there are not silly questions, specially regarding your health and well being.
- Drink non acidic NATURAL fruit juices that you can make at home with your blender(watermelon, banana, melon, pear, mango)
- Drink herbal teas without caffeine (i.e. mint, citronella tea)
- Consume steamed or boiled rice, whey, quinoa.
- Consume tasty grains like lentils, green peas, beans, chickpeas. You can cook them with garlic, for a nice flavor, fresh parsley and other herbs like oregano, etc.
- Consume lean chicken or fish, either steamed or grilled (make sure you don’t use oil)
- Consume plenty of veggies either raw or steamed (tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauwliflower, sweet peppers, spinach, kale, cabbage, cooked onions, pumpkins, potatoes, corn)
- Consume eggs, either hard boiled, soft boiled or poached.
- Consume plain oats
- Start your morning with a fruit platter, a mint tea and a yummy blend!. Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup of plain oatmeal and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Add enough water to give the right texture.
- Other yummy drinks you can prepare on the blender: Mango&Banana – Pear&Watermelon – Red apple with oats, chia seeds and a pint of cinnamon – Red apple,celery and carrot.
- Roasted tomatoes taste great, and if you have them on top pf steamed rice cooked with garlic and parsley, is a nice combination
- Soups are awesome! Natural homemade pumpkin soup made with pumpkin, garlic and onion. You can accompany this with steamed whey.
- Roasted or steamed potatoes cooked with rosemary and steamed fished with tomatoes is a filling and hearty option
- Steamed chicken with garlic, carrot and spinach is a very nutritious, high protein meal.
- Poached eggs on top of quinoa cooked with garlic and green peas
- Lentils slow cooked with tomatoes, garlic, carrots, sweet peppers and oregano, great meal for a cold day!
We hope this little list has helped to organize yourself for starting your diet at home! If you have any questions or if you would like some more information, recipes, etc, go head and let us know! We will be happy to talk with you